As the Nairobi Expressway nears launched, the company that will be managing the expressed way has released the list of fines the users may pay in case of any traffic offence.
The fines range from thousands to millions of Shillings in a single offence.
The following are the fine prices in the yet to be released road manual:
- Motorists will be expected to pay Ksh8.8 million for the damage to the Cantilever variable information board.
- Destruction of the ticketing machine attracts a fine of Ksh1.9 million while that of the Vehicle type recognizer attracts a fine of Ksh2.4 million.
- Damaging a toll booth attracts a fine of between Ksh1.3 million and 1Ksh.8 million depending on the extent
- Destruction of a camera in the toll collection plaza attracts a fine of Ksh 628,678.
- Damage to a single street light which has a fine of between Ksh 143,890 and Ksh 262,023
- Putting up graffiti attracts Ksh 2,362 fine
- A vehicle stalled on the highway attracts a towing fee of between Ksh4,000 and Ksh40,000 depending on its class as well as the distance of tow
- Parking fees for vehicles involved in an accident ranges from 0 to Ksh900 depending on the type of the car and hours spent on the highway.
- Damage to the concrete attracts a fine of Ksh6,592.
- scratches on pavement also attract Ksh2,362
- Damage of the culvert’s fine is pegged at Ksh45,365.
- Destruction of the guardrail attracts Ksh45,348
- Damage of the signboard is pegged at between Ksh 34,547 and Ksh 81,120.
President Kenyatta is set to launch the Ksh 88 Billion expressway project in the course of the month.